15 September 2011
Posted by Lynette
ONe good reason
ISBN #: 978-0-373-71724-8
BACK COVER BLURB:
Any day now Jon Adamson will pack his bags and hit the road. After all, his intention was never to hang around Melbourne once he’d settled his late father’s affairs. Yet he hasn’t moved on. And it might have something to do with Gabby Wade. The not-so-big office manager with the really big attitude is making Jon’s days…interesting…engaging…fun. It’s impossible for him to resist her.
But he knows himself—long-term commitments and cozy family dinners aren’t his style. If that’s what the future holds, why is he still here? And why is he spending all his days—and nights—with Gabby? Because maybe she’s the one reason strong enough to make him stay.
What if you discovered that all you ever wanted were the things you’d left behind?
Sweet cover, I'm nitpicky but they live in apartments not houses.
Jon Adamson woke with a start. Someone was in his room. A heartbeat later, he was on his feet, fists raised, every muscle tense as he squared up to the intruder.
LYNETTE'S TWO CENTS:
Sarah Mayberry is an excellent writer. Her stories are superbly written and layered exquisitely. However, whenever this is not the first time reading a story of hers where I thought that the characters of her novels needed to be in therapy instead of the figures playing a prominent role in a romance novel.
It's great that ONE GOOD REASON seems so realistic. It is a realistic, superbly written novel, but I still had serious issues with the characters.
- You slept with your boss. Ewww. So not professional. And you're still working for him? I mean come the F on. Why are you still working at a firm where you screwed the boss for three years, a man you still love (who in my opinion was a dork and he and his wife are oblivious freaks who are using you for their own selfish purposes and to think they were the hero and heroine of a previous book!). Really. You're an office manager, you can get another job, especially since you've been there what three years since you and Ty broke up.
- Screwing brothers. Ewwww! And then you go and screw Ty's brother (the hero). Really. I mean no one had an ick factor where you were screwing one brother and then the other. Granted my male cousins used to pass girlfriends back and forth between each other, but they were in high school at the time and they never did it between brothers only other cousins (I come from a large family and we all lived pretty much in the same neighborhood).
- Whine fest because you don't own the company and can't shut up and do what you're told. You are the office manager, you don't own the company what's what the hissy fit when you're boss tells someone that they can use your computer. That was sooooo lame. It's not your computer, you don't own the darn thing. He does. Also, what business is it of yours how Jon is getting paid, kept your freaking mouth shut and do what you're told. As a former senior admin this aspect hit on my last nerve.
- Jon. Sorry man. You need therapy not a girlfriend. And why didn't you have an ick factor when you realized that your little brother had his wick in the pot you just dipped yours into? And what's up with everyone patting you on the bat for nearly killing a man. Granted something needed to be done about the situation but really? Really? The judge should have at least made you go to therapy, anger management, something if not jail.
Despite my snark. Once again, ONE GOOD REASON is multi-layered, well-written novel, but I just couldn't buy into their relationship and their happily ever after, because the hero and heroine had such deep seated issues that 200 pages couldn't solve.
Received copy from publisher for review.
What? I surprised you? Oh don't let me stop you, finish undressing!
Anyone out there? HELLO! This is what I want for Christmas. Not to mention New Years, Valentine's Day, My Birthday, Easter . . .. Shall ...
I DO have news! I've added another prize to my contest! Yes. Paid Admission to 2010 RomCon in Denver!!!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!! ...
Isn't this the sexiest thing ever! Sigh. Enjoy!
Book Title: BURNING UP Author Name: Angela Knight, Nalini Singh, Virginia Kantra, Meljean Brook ISBN #: 978-0-425-23595-9 Publisher Name:...
This week I had conferences at Queen's school and I've been thinking a lot about my childhood. I went to elementary school...
LABELS (SEARCH BY)
- Awards (2)
- Blog Hop (11)
- Book Loot (2)
- Contemporary (1)
- Contest (49)
- Erotic (31)
- Fantasy (1)
- Friday Ramblings (26)
- Futuristic (1)
- GLBT (5)
- Guest Post (1)
- Historical (36)
- Inside the Author Studio (21)
- Inside the Author's Studio (28)
- Inspirational (3)
- Misc. (28)
- Monthly Round Up (5)
- Ol Skool Romance Challenge (1)
- Paranormal (25)
- Reading Challenge (1)
- Recipe (1)
- Reviews: Grade A (16)
- Reviews: Grade B (51)
- Reviews: Grade C (45)
- Reviews: Grade D (6)
- Reviews: Grade E (3)
- Reviews: Grade F (8)
- Sci-Fi (6)
- Series Romance (9)
- ST Contemporary (9)
- Steampunk (1)
- Suspense (13)
- Tuesday Treats (56)
- Urban Fantasy (12)
- Welcome (1)
- YA (17)
- You Decide (4)
Powered by Blogger.
ALL ABOUT ME!
- Mother, wife, aspiring romance writer, blogger, Army vet, book addict
Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site
I LOVE THESE BLOGS
Blog Tour Schedule
1/23 - The Book Vixen